Access the online application. Assistance with this application is available at the Williams County Veterans Service Office
A person who has served greater than 90 days of active duty service in the US Armed Forces, excluding dates for training, during at least one of the compensable time periods and meets eligibility requirements may be eligible for the Ohio Veterans Bonus. The following criteria apply:
- Served or currently serving in the US Armed Forces during compensable periods:
- Afghanistan October 7, 2001 through a date to be determined by President of the United States.
- Iraq March 19, 2003 through a date to be determined by President of the United States.
- The person was separated from the United States armed forces under honorable conditions, is still serving in active duty or after serving on active duty remains in any reserve component of the United States armed forces or in the Ohio National Guard.
- The person was an Ohio resident at the start of active duty service.
- The person is currently an Ohio resident.
- The person has not received a bonus or compensation of a similar nature from another state.
- $100 per month, not to exceed $1,000, for service in Afghanistan or Iraq during the compensable periods.
- $50 per month, not to exceed $500, for service anywhere else in the world during the compensable periods.
Service for a fraction of a month shall be paid at the rate of 1/30 of the appropriate monthly amount for each day of service. Compensation may not exceed $1,500 for combined service.