- Departments & Boards
- Job & Family Services
- Social Services
Williams County Social Services
Consistently and Compassionately Promote and Strengthen Safe, Healthy Families
Improve the lives of those we serve by understanding our mission while assuming accountability for our outcomes
- Collaboration: Work within our own staff, stakeholders, and customers to ensure our mutual success.
- Integrity: Be honest and have strong moral principles.
- Professionalism: Be neat in our appearance; confident in our abilities; experts in our roles of child abuse/neglect and elder abuse/neglect workers; ethical in our behavior, poised always; accountable for actions; and reliable.
- Dedication: Commit to the families we serve, our communities, and our partners.
- Empathy: See things through the eyes of the families we serve and recognize that they are more than a "folder".
- Passion: Work wholeheartedly with the families we serve in order to help them make change happen.
Services include: Business Hours 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Reporting abuse; 419-636-6725, after hours call your local Police Dept.
- Risk Assessment/Investigation of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Adult (60+) Protective Services
- Child Protective Services
- Foster Care
- Post-adoption Support
- Kinship Care
- Information and Referral
Child Abuse and Neglect
In 2018, 1,493 reports of suspected child abuse and neglect were made in Williams County Ohio. Children Services is responsible for evaluating and investigating reports of physical, sexual, or emotional abuse or neglect, and dependency issues involving children. Social workers are on call 24 hours a day and hotline calls can be placed to 419-636-6725 or your local law enforcement agency.
Administrator - Monica Gazarek
Ongoing Supervisor- Mindy Reynolds
Agency Director - Fred Lord